Invisalign® Clear Braces – Albuquerque, NM
Straighten Teeth Without Brackets & Wires
For adults who hate the thought of metal braces, Invisalign Clear Braces can straighten your smile and transform your appearance. The Invisalign system gradually shifts teeth with gentle pressure generated from clear, custom, and removable mouthpieces we call aligners. You can achieve a perfect smile, and no one will even know that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
Why Choose Us for Invisalign?
- FREE Invisalign Consultation
- Maintain A Natural, Confident Appearance
- Removable Aligners For Unparalleled Convenience
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses clear aligners that are made of smooth plastic to gently shift your teeth into the right direction to achieve desired results. Instead of visiting your cosmetic dentist for regular wire tightening, all your dentist will need to do is quickly examine your smile to ensure everything is moving along smoothly since there are no wires to tighten.
Over the course of your treatment, you’ll swap out your current aligners for a new set in the series. This will gradually move your teeth toward a new phase, putting you one step closer to a new and improved smile.
Whether it is crooked or overcrowded teeth, spaces between teeth, or a bite alignment issue, Invisalign has the capability to create lasting change that will improve your smile’s health and aesthetic.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are a multitude of benefits associated with Invisalign, including:
- A discreet, more subtle way to straighten your teeth and improve your smile without compromising your appearance.
- Improved confidence in how you feel about the way you and your smile look.
- Easy maintenance, as your toothbrush, clear soap, and lukewarm water are all you need to clean your aligners.
- No food restrictions since you must remove your trays prior to eating or drinking.
- Faster results than those found with traditional braces.
- True versatility, as Invisalign can fix a wide variety of orthodontic problems.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
While some dentists offer Invisalign or a form of Invisalign to teenagers, Dr. Boehmer finds that adults are the best candidates for traditional Invisalign aligners. The reason is that this type of orthodontic treatment requires a high level of responsibility and dedication on behalf of the patient. Not only must you remember to swap out your aligners every two weeks, but you must be committed to wearing your trays at least 20-22 hours each day in order to prevent a delay in treatment.
It is also important that you:
- Have good oral and overall health
- Understand and are willing to commit to your treatment plan
- Want faster results
- Prefer a more discreet method of treatment
- Agree to maintain your regular dental appointments to ensure everything is moving along well with your treatment
The Invisalign Process
- We’ll start by capturing three-dimensional images of your teeth and mouth.
- Boehmer will plan your treatment course in a painstakingly, customized fashion.
- An Invisalign-certified lab will generate your unique set of clear aligners.
- You will wear each aligner for around two weeks before switching to the next tray in the set.
Over the course of 10 to 18 months, Dr. Boehmer will monitor your progress with regular appointments. For faster results, please plan to wear the aligners around 22 hours a day. Remove your Invisalign aligners when you'd like to eat a meal, brush your teeth, or for special events.
What to Expect When Getting Invisalign Treatment?
When choosing to move forward with Invisalign, you can expect to watch your teeth and bite realign without forgoing your day-to-day appearance. As a working adult, we know you don’t want to hide your smile because of the metal brackets and wires, which is why you can enjoy working toward a healthier smile without fear of anyone noticing you’re receiving treatment.
Throughout the course of wearing Invisalign, you can expect some mild discomfort each time you switch out your sets, but luckily, it is minor, and an over-the-counter pain reliever can help to reduce any discomfort you might experience.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Each patient’s experience is different, and Dr. Boehmer will need to perform a thorough examination before creating a clear estimate for you to review. There are different factors that must be considered, including:
- The number of aligners you will need to reach desired results
- Your age and commitment level
- The retainer you will need to wear once you are finished with your Invisalign treatment
- Whether you will need any teeth extracted prior to the start of wearing your aligners
If you are ready to experience oral care tailored to your needs, contact our Albuquerque dental office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Boehmer. Our relaxing, Northeast Heights Albuquerque practice is easy to access. Stop in and see how our personalized dental care services can transform your smile.